And MAKE OCTOPUS SALAD
HOW to COOK OCTOPUS
GREATEST HITS COOKBOOK
CANNELINI BEAN OCTOPUS SALAD
1 (3-4 Pound) Octopus, Cleaned
1 (14 Ounce) Can White Beans
Chopped Fresh Parsley
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot, place the octopus, and cover with water by 1 inch
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook the octopus until it is tender when pierced with a sharp knife. (Anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes.)
- Cover the pot and let sit off of the heat for 2 hours.
- Remove the octopus, and cool to room temperature.
- Cut the tentacles from the head, and cut the head into strips. (You may want to remove the skin from the head first)
- Place the octopus pieces in a bowl with a couple of teaspoons of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- If grilling or broiling the octopus, do so now, for just a couple of minutes until the octopus meat begins to brown.
- Keep Warm.
- Drain the beans in a sieve, and rinse under cold water, then shake to dry.
- Place the beans in a small pot and warm gently with a teaspoon or two of olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, and two teaspoons of finely chopped fresh parsley.
- Arrange the octopus and beans either on one large platter, or on individual plates.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil, and serve warm with lemon wedges.
by CHEF DANIEL BELLINO “Z”