1) To prepare the Baked Pasta With Eggplants you must first of all prepare a simple tomato sauce. In a large saucepan brown the garlic with the olive oil, add tomato sauce, salt & cook slowly over low heat for about 1 hour. Add the fresh basil.
2) In the meantime, wash the eggplants, cut them into cubes and fry them in hot olive oil.
3) When ready put the fried eggplants on paper towels. Let them cool and add them to the tomato sauce.
4) Cut the Mozzarella into cubes
5) Cook the pasta in abundant salted water. Drain the pasta al dente and season with the tomato and eggplant sauce. Add the mozzarella and a grated Parmigiano Reggian Cheese and stir over an unlit flame. (or Grana Padano)
6) Pour the pasta into an oven pan. Sprinkle the surface with a grated Parmesan and bread crumbs.
7) Bake at 350 F degrees for about 20-30 minutes. The last few minutes use the grill function until the crust has formed on the surface. Enjoy Baked Pasta!